Willisodhiambo
2019-10-25T07:29:33Z
I have HW wiring diagrams and amongst them is an MSD8x wiring through CAS. I know we can get password via obd but what if I don't have the car!!

So I wired the dme according to three different diagrams and in all cases I get an error about inability to switch voltage. Tried with and without the CAS, no luck. It looks like MSD85.1 cant be accessed on bench? I wanted to read password on bench then change ISN on dme in boot mode. Nothing doing.

So my question is, What are these msdx diagrams for? Or is it only the msd85.1 which is a challenge?

Now I will have to go to the car and work it from OBD. Could it be there is a way around this so we can do all by bench for this ecu?
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

rjautolocksmith
2019-10-26T01:49:34Z
Here is a little help
Autohex_II_BMW
2019-10-26T06:40:46Z
Originally Posted by: Willisodhiambo 

I have HW wiring diagrams and amongst them is an MSD8x wiring through CAS. I know we can get password via obd but what if I don't have the car!!

So I wired the dme according to three different diagrams and in all cases I get an error about inability to switch voltage. Tried with and without the CAS, no luck. It looks like MSD85.1 cant be accessed on bench? I wanted to read password on bench then change ISN on dme in boot mode. Nothing doing.

So my question is, What are these msdx diagrams for? Or is it only the msd85.1 which is a challenge?

Now I will have to go to the car and work it from OBD. Could it be there is a way around this so we can do all by bench for this ecu?

hi,
for reading MSD85/85.1/85.3 use the option ON BENCH --->MSX8X ISN --->MSD85,connection diagrams are available in the software itself and if you make correct connection and still get error for communication just try to click on update software and click on configuration then try to read isn again.please check the below video for msd87 similar process and for changing isn you need to use ISN boot mode option.there is no need to use cas to get password on bench.
Willisodhiambo
2019-10-26T09:12:26Z
OK, Ill try thus update software. I managed to resolve on car by changing CAS isn and resetting 6HP, but I want a working bench solution for future incase car is too far away..

I also notice that HW4 diagrams have a different Signal/can H/L wires as compared to in program diagram for bench MSDx. I tried both and same problem about inability to switch voltage Sometimes autohex just crashes to desktop when I try to read. Ill try update ECU and see. Thanks all.
Willisodhiambo
2019-10-26T09:46:03Z
Originally Posted by: rjautolocksmith 

Here is a little help

The connections here are totally different from what I found in autohex!!

Where can I get the pinout?
Autohex_II_BMW
2019-10-26T13:27:54Z
Originally Posted by: Willisodhiambo 

Originally Posted by: rjautolocksmith 

Here is a little help

The connections here are totally different from what I found in autohex!!

Where can I get the pinout?

as i said if you are getting error on on bench--->MSX8X ISN option please make update software and try again.if any troubles please contact support via skype.
Willisodhiambo
2019-11-12T03:13:58Z
Well, hextag gone back for checking. It refused to read any dme on bench!