mbenztech
2019-10-31T19:02:42Z
Hello everyone. I have an MSD80 and MD81 along with CAS/key that mailed to me. I usually don't like working on the bench but in this situation I have to. So, I read the ISN from MSD81 and wrote to CAS. I ended up having use an actual 335i from my friend because I was never able to read CAS3 on bench. So this is what I have done:

Read ISN from MSD81
Wrote ISN from MSD81 to CAS
Read injector values from MSD80
Wrote injector values to MSD81
Tried to program/code MSD81 but I get error and it shows DME should be replaced.
Performed coding but programming still have error

Any help will be appreciated. As far as I have researched these 2 ecus are compatible.

MSD81_FAILED_1.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

MSD81_FAILED_2.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

mbenztech
2019-10-31T22:54:22Z
Quick update....... change to expert mode for programming and it went without any issues. Thanks.
mbenztech
2019-11-01T03:27:08Z
What would be the wiring if I wanted to do CAS2/CAS3 on the bench just with key hold and start button?? Any one can provide wiring diagram. Thanks in advance.
quarry motors
2019-11-01T11:34:34Z
Use tricore cable and connect as in picture works every time

CAS 3 CONNECT TRI CORE CABLE .png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
mbenztech
2019-11-01T15:16:40Z
Thank you sir for the diagram.
Autohex_II_BMW
2019-11-02T06:30:54Z
Originally Posted by: mbenztech 

What would be the wiring if I wanted to do CAS2/CAS3 on the bench just with key hold and start button?? Any one can provide wiring diagram. Thanks in advance.

CAS1.png You have insufficient rights to see the content. HW4 CAS3.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
on bench wiring diagram for CAS was available in other threads of forum.
And yes if status was REPLACE you can activate expert mode and most cases it will work.