Skitszo1
2016-08-09T08:37:27Z
Hi can you help please, I had a employee working on a 2007 bmw 520D and told him to do DDE-CAS sync as car was turning over but would not start and had a fault code EWS manipulation.

He did not do the DDE-CAS sync, Instead he went to coding and done CAS ENCODE, now original key is not recognised in the slot but remote is still working, Can I fix this problem with Autohex

I have attached a zip folder with the EEprom file from 9s12 micro in the original Cas unit and the 95640 EEp from the DDE7 ECU

Or is there a way of installing another cas that I have here with the same part numbers and a working key

Thank you for your time
 BMW 520D.zip You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2016-08-09T11:20:53Z
We replied you by email the steps of what to do,
In your email you mentioned CAS is encrypted and DDE is DDE7
This DDE does not need CAS-DME Alignment, it has SK which should work without any synchronisation with CAS.
The fault you got indicated that the DDE is not fitted (different ISN from CAS ISN).
Skitszo1
2016-08-09T16:49:00Z
Hi sorry but i have to disagree with your above answer
Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

We replied you by email the steps of what to do,

You have not told me what to do, In a matter of fact you have gave me very limited information, I have asked the same question 3 times in 3 seperate email and you have not told me wether it is an option in your replys

you have told me that
CAS coding should not cause an issue like this. ( It has caused this issue ignition was turning on before and key was accepted until coding was done)
DDE7 should have SK (128 bits ISN) ( Autohex is reading short ISN)

You have told me to read ISN of DDE
- Read ISN of DDE
- Make a new key for the CAS using this ISN, if it has been accepted, then all will be good and car will start ( You will need a blank key and Htag Pro to do this function)
This cannot be done as when reading ISN from DDE7 i only get the Short ISN

Your last email and you havent replied to me since goes like

DDE7 should give u 16 bytes (32 digits) ISN
The CAS ISN is not correct. It shows something wrong in the EEPROM
Regards

Now correct me if i,m wrong but you havent told me how to correct this problem, You havent explained why the software has created this problem and also i have asked you in 3 seperate occasions can i use a another CAS unit with the same part number which in not crypted and has a working key and if so How, and you havent also answered that Question, You have not replied to the last email and put the above reply on here as if the problem has been sorted when it has not

The followin 2 picture are the ISN numbers read IMG_0139.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content. IMG_0140.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.

Many thanks for your time

Autohex_II_BMW
2016-08-09T18:24:06Z
Ok, this is what we got from you:
I think customer is not telling the truth about how the car became s non runner

Thank you for your time

You were WRONG in decidng the DDE is DDE 7, we assure to you again that DDE7 has ONLY 128 bits ISN, we took your words and we consulted you what maybe the reason.
As I see from your photos here the DDE is NOT 7, it is DDE 5 or DDE 6.
And from Photos I see that ISN is correct in CAS (xx xx 8e 84), only Sync is required almost.
About coding, I guess we have many of customers in this forum, they did coding 1000s of times to DMEs and DDEs.
I confirm to you again: CODING WILL NEVER CAUSE SUCH AN ISSUE, you better check what you did exactly which caused the problem.
In the end, You gave us wrong information, you have a customer you don't believe and an employee does not know what do, and you are blaming us for not telling you what to do after 3 emails we answered them in less than 10 hours.

By the way, you can program a key using a short ISN.
Skitszo1
2016-08-09T19:44:20Z
Hi if your going to quote at least put on the whole conversation on, This is what i said and asked

Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2016 3:19 PM
To: MTK Tech support
Subject: Re: BMW e60 cas3+ problem

Hi yes DDE7 is from original car , but he read the isn before starting the job and it only gave him the short isn 2 bytes 8E 84

the cas isn read as 12 6D 8E 84 and sk BF FE BE BF FE BE BF FE BE BF FE BE BF FE BE BF.

Can I use another cas that has the same part Number that is not encrypted

I think customer is not telling the truth about how the car became s non runner

Thank you for your time

As for the ECU going with the bosch number that i sent you in the other email i can only assume its a DDE7

Hi thank you for getting back to me,

Yes CAS is encrypted
ECU is DDE7 bosch 0281013501

bmw ecu.gif You have insufficient rights to see the content.
i gave you the info that was available to me
where did i blame you for not telling me what to do, I only pointed out that the info you gave was very limited
i was only asking for help and advise, that you seem unwilling to give as you have evaded the question again

The last email also went like this and you did not answer
How can I fix this problem, car was turning on until we plugged into it now it is not, customer is saying that it is our fault. Can I use another cas what do I need to do
I have new keys and htag pro and cas with same part number not crypted just need to know what info I need to change and what order to do it in
Thank you

As you can see ive asked on numerous occasion if i can use another cas unit and you seem unwilling to give me this info
Obviously i seem to have upset you so don't expect any help now so i,ll figure it out myself, but i think you should really look at your technical support not a great way to promote your device/software

Thank you for your time

Pro Diagnostic Solutions
2016-08-09T22:30:24Z
this is a dde 604
UserPostedImage

have you tried to battery reset the car then program the cas?
Justin
  •  Justin
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2016-08-24T14:00:20Z
Hi

Did you fix this?

What was the real issue?

Thanks
Skitszo1
2016-08-30T19:45:50Z
Hi Justin