DanDR
  •  DanDR
  • 50.8% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2019-12-20T10:22:36Z
Hi guys New member here,

first of all im and currently trying to swap the DME on a 2010 bmw 320d 177hp EDC17cp02 TC1766. the new ecu is a used unit may I add.

I can read ISN on car via obd but not write , so I have tried the ecu cloning (beta) , but no luck reading the ecu (new or the ori DME)

has anyone had this issue and can give me in the point in the right direction into doing the ecu swap ?

I keep getting error ref 904 when connected to ecu and trying to read..

any help would be greatfull

thanks

Dan
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2019-12-21T06:21:21Z
Originally Posted by: DanDR 

Hi guys New member here,

first of all im and currently trying to swap the DME on a 2010 bmw 320d 177hp EDC17cp02 TC1766. the new ecu is a used unit may I add.

I can read ISN on car via obd but not write , so I have tried the ecu cloning (beta) , but no luck reading the ecu (new or the ori DME)

has anyone had this issue and can give me in the point in the right direction into doing the ecu swap ?

I keep getting error ref 904 when connected to ecu and trying to read..

any help would be greatfull

thanks

Dan

hi,
if you are getting error on hextag for reading you can contact support on skype to take log file and check it.if you got Autohex you can replace the used DME OBD itself.read isn from the used dme and write to cas then do coding for dme.there is no need to write ISN to dme obd.
charlie_camp
2019-12-23T16:03:38Z
plug the used ecu into the car, and write the isn off used ecu into the cas