e46M3dave
  •  e46M3dave
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2020-01-09T17:12:16Z
Just starting this topic in event anyone else runs into this issue. Basically I was discussing with Support on Skype.

Problem: MSV80 DME with CAS3 from 128i E82 has the following errors:

2f4c DME: EWS-DME message incorrect

2f4a DME: Interface EWS (IMMO)-DME

What we did was clone over this DME to another used DME with KTAG, then verified these errors are no longer present in ISTA. However when attempting to start vehicle it cranks and errors return. We then proceeded to write the ISN to CAS3 (firmware downgraded needed), and still same issue.

So next steps to try is another CAS3 unit. But did not want to clone the CAS3 if possible corrupted data already on original. So will backup FA and write over to donor CAS3 then write the old ISN to donor and then try to do DME-CAS ABL via ISTA and see what happens. Interesting in ISTA this error does not show up, but in AutoHex it does, and when it does vehicle never starts. So I am assuming if I get this done correctly and no errors in AutoHex vehicle should turn over.

Will post updates after CAS3 replacement.

Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

e46M3dave
  •  e46M3dave
  • 100% (Exalted)
2020-01-10T19:35:50Z
Performed EEPROM data repair then write back to CAS3+. edit to verify correct power class, and VIN data along with mileage. Now we try to find option to do DME-EWS sync and no luck with ISTA. Check INPA and that shows Injection and Injector lock successfully released. But INPA still shows EWS interface fault, hardware error. Can clear with ISTA and Autohex but I think we need to sync DME and CAS.

Another issue is anytime we attempt to go into Indv Programming we get "module calculations fail". Why does this happen?

Need some help with options to get this MSv80 to sync back with CAS3+/EWS4 in order to get rid of the IMMO EWS-DME interface fault which will allow car to completely start up rather than crank only.

Original_CAS3_error.PNG You have insufficient rights to see the content. DME-FAULTS-AFTER-CAS3-reset.PNG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
e46M3dave
  •  e46M3dave
  • 100% (Exalted)
2020-01-10T19:50:47Z
Folks remember customers never tell full story. So I learned the CAS3+ module was replaced and the unit sent to me was NEW from dealer. So chances are the programming done with AutoLogic may have caused the EEPROM data to get corrupted and thereby these EWS - DME interface errors.

Anyway I think we just need to find a way to perform the DME-CAS matching (adjustment). AutoHex developers should add this function for E cars with CAS via Diagnose, service functions.

e46M3dave
  •  e46M3dave
  • 100% (Exalted)
2020-01-10T23:11:16Z
Guys

I finally got this to start. Ended up using INPA to get ZB number, then WINKFPT to flash back CAS3+ with correct flash. (AutoHex will complain that CAS I-Level not at correct revision). Once CAS3 flashed ran through the steps and take MSV80 ISN and write to CAS3, then I have E9x test car which I put my CAS, DME and start with my key and all good.

**for future we should get an option to do DME-EWS alignment via AutoHex for these CAS vehicles. Its not always an option but would be nice to have that ability.

Autohex_II_BMW
2020-01-11T11:16:17Z
Originally Posted by: e46M3dave 

Guys

I finally got this to start. Ended up using INPA to get ZB number, then WINKFPT to flash back CAS3+ with correct flash. (AutoHex will complain that CAS I-Level not at correct revision). Once CAS3 flashed ran through the steps and take MSV80 ISN and write to CAS3, then I have E9x test car which I put my CAS, DME and start with my key and all good.

**for future we should get an option to do DME-EWS alignment via AutoHex for these CAS vehicles. Its not always an option but would be nice to have that ability.

As its long isn isn there is no extra sync is need in normal cases. For short isn you can sync from service functions in autohex
e46M3dave
  •  e46M3dave
  • 100% (Exalted)
2020-01-11T16:19:30Z
What about a EEProm data repair option as in how we can do for FRM in Hextag. It would be nice to see this option to repair CAS EEPROM or Flash data using HexTag. Can you look into make this a new feature request?

thanks