quato79
  •  quato79
  • 52% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2020-01-24T08:32:00Z
Hi, had a big problem with Hextag cloning, cannot clone EDC17cp14 , operation goes normal when making backup, but when making restore Hextag bricks the Ecu.
The ecu is with ExtFlash when writing there is an error:
Data verify Error,Please try again - Ref:964-
-this is in factory mode.

tried on 2 working ecus ,they were not bricked, the same part number both, one from A4 2.7 tdi , other from A5 2.7 tdi 190hp :
8K1907401K_0281015894_1037516657
Repaired with Ktag clone in boot mode - car starts without problem- go again make backup with Hextag-get error data verify-ecu is soft bricked again, so Ktag clone saved the ecu.
the problem is Hextag cannot verify the checksum correctly I think ,starts to write ,then stops, when I read the extflash again with Hextag or Ktag ,the file size is small and wrong.

Other thing I see is that Hextag reads Extflash with very different format from Ktag, and other tools, so this file cannot be used for tunning , most maps inside are swapped , or less.
I made another test, I bought PCM Flash with Scanmatic, reads writes such tricore ecus without opening, the file is the same compared to Ktag, can be used for tuning.
I think this must be repaired in future updates.

Did test EDC17CP45 DME8 BMW cloning , works , but read file is different and hard for tuning with Winols or Titanium...

regards

Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2020-01-25T07:13:29Z
Originally Posted by: quato79 

Hi, had a big problem with Hextag cloning, cannot clone EDC17cp14 , operation goes normal when making backup, but when making restore Hextag bricks the Ecu.
The ecu is with ExtFlash when writing there is an error:
Data verify Error,Please try again - Ref:964-
-this is in factory mode.

tried on 2 working ecus ,they were not bricked, the same part number both, one from A4 2.7 tdi , other from A5 2.7 tdi 190hp :
8K1907401K_0281015894_1037516657
Repaired with Ktag clone in boot mode - car starts without problem- go again make backup with Hextag-get error data verify-ecu is soft bricked again, so Ktag clone saved the ecu.
the problem is Hextag cannot verify the checksum correctly I think ,starts to write ,then stops, when I read the extflash again with Hextag or Ktag ,the file size is small and wrong.

Other thing I see is that Hextag reads Extflash with very different format from Ktag, and other tools, so this file cannot be used for tunning , most maps inside are swapped , or less.
I made another test, I bought PCM Flash with Scanmatic, reads writes such tricore ecus without opening, the file is the same compared to Ktag, can be used for tuning.
I think this must be repaired in future updates.

Did test EDC17CP45 DME8 BMW cloning , works , but read file is different and hard for tuning with Winols or Titanium...

regards

we will look into this external flash issue,sorry for the trouble caused.