erik328
  •  erik328
  • 51.4% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2020-02-14T23:15:29Z
I am now the proud owner of a Hextag programmer, well it being shipped to me as I type! I'm excited to get to work but I'm new to this whole thing and need some advice . I have a msv 80.1 from a BMW that I need to cloned and am wanting to do it on a bench. My question is what power source to use? I have a regulator on its way but am unsure what amp/volts/watts I will need to order for a power supply in order to program it. Also once i have it, what volts and amps I should use in order to clone the DME. Any tips for how to run the power wires from the regulator to the DME ie any special hardware for the small pins. Thank you so much! I'm looking forward to learning all the great stuff the hextag can do!
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2020-02-15T06:21:43Z
Originally Posted by: erik328 

I am now the proud owner of a Hextag programmer, well it being shipped to me as I type! I'm excited to get to work but I'm new to this whole thing and need some advice . I have a msv 80.1 from a BMW that I need to cloned and am wanting to do it on a bench. My question is what power source to use? I have a regulator on its way but am unsure what amp/volts/watts I will need to order for a power supply in order to program it. Also once i have it, what volts and amps I should use in order to clone the DME. Any tips for how to run the power wires from the regulator to the DME ie any special hardware for the small pins. Thank you so much! I'm looking forward to learning all the great stuff the hextag can do!

hi,
for hextag on bench operation please use a 12V 2-2.5A AC/DC adapter.you will get the wiring harness along with hextag package to connect to ECU only thing you need to get is a power adapter.when it comes to MSV80.1 if you are getting any error to read it on factory mode you need to add some components if it is missing on your ECU.all details you will get in software itself and if you got any questions feel free to contact us we got support via SKYPE/WHATSAPP.
erik328
  •  erik328
  • 51.4% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2020-02-18T20:00:57Z
Thank you for the prompt response! I just received the hextag! It did not come with any software or instructions, is there a site I need to go to in order to get the software? Also, I see it has a power jack on the back next to where the USB comes in, I'm assuming this is where I plug my power source into in order to power up the device and the DME?
Autohex_II_BMW
2020-02-19T06:35:52Z
Originally Posted by: erik328 

Thank you for the prompt response! I just received the hextag! It did not come with any software or instructions, is there a site I need to go to in order to get the software? Also, I see it has a power jack on the back next to where the USB comes in, I'm assuming this is where I plug my power source into in order to power up the device and the DME?

you can contact our support team for any doubts and instructions and also installation instructions was provided along with the tracking number of package itself.for the power supply use any 12V 2A AC/DC adapter good quality one.