koanga
  •  koanga
  • 76.6% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2020-02-26T00:03:03Z
Water damaged DME, I`m wondering is there is another way to read the TC1796, msd81. I`m getting -Ref: 9c4-
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

abc123
  •  abc123
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2020-02-26T05:17:05Z
Why bother, get a replacement from the same car. Transfer ISN to cas and update the DME. If coding different do the hours before update.
koanga
  •  koanga
  • 76.6% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2020-02-26T13:21:08Z
problem is, I have only the HexProg ...
PDXAutoworks
2020-02-26T14:03:37Z
Do you subscription to cloning service? Maybe that's why you are getting error, now you must pay for that service (it was free for a short period of time).
BMW File Service
VAG Immo Data Transfer
koanga
  •  koanga
  • 76.6% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2020-02-26T14:11:51Z
Yes, I do have a subscription.
BMWZG
  •  BMWZG
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2020-02-26T14:33:57Z
Originally Posted by: koanga 

Water damaged DME, I`m wondering is there is another way to read the TC1796, msd81. I`m getting -Ref: 9c4-

Depends on water damage, hardware work may be recommended if you care about the content.

RocketSurgeon
2020-02-26T16:38:55Z
Perhaps run the DME though an ultrasonic cleaner and see if you can boot it up. Otherwise you will need to match up a used DME.
abc123
  •  abc123
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2020-02-26T17:03:25Z

Then, read files and ISN from replacement DME, write ISN to CAS (or the other way around). Correct VIN and hours in replacement DME. Write back. Program / code DME with any tool in the car.

Autohex_II_BMW
2020-02-27T06:09:37Z

you are trying it on boot mode or factory mode?
koanga
  •  koanga
  • 76.6% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2020-02-27T10:29:55Z
I’ve tried both ways without any luck. I got a replacement DME (same type),
koanga
  •  koanga
  • 76.6% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2020-02-27T11:44:02Z
Anyone care to jump and help me with this? Will be much appreciated, I do have the files from a donor working DME (same type msd81) and the files from the car CAS module. I guess what I`m asking is, if someone could alter the DME or CAS module files for me (to match the donor DME with the original CAS module).
Autohex_II_BMW
2020-02-28T07:22:40Z

Anyone care to jump and help me with this? Will be much appreciated, I do have the files from a donor working DME (same type msd81) and the files from the car CAS module. I guess what I`m asking is, if someone could alter the DME or CAS module files for me (to match the donor DME with the original CAS module).

you can write donor dme ISN in cas from edit option in hextag.read eeprom in cas then go to edit and decry pt ISN with original key on hextag slot then you can save and write eeprom back.
koanga
  •  koanga
  • 76.6% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2020-03-01T14:07:38Z
Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

you can write donor dme ISN in cas from edit option in hextag.read eeprom in cas then go to edit and decry pt ISN with original key on hextag slot then you can save and write eeprom back.

I was thinking about doing that... what about the donor DME Vin number or the key? I cannot retrieve the donor DME VIN and if I`ll go this route, the key will recognize the CAS is this holds a different ISN (ISN from the donor DME)
Autohex_II_BMW
2020-03-02T05:47:10Z

Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

I was thinking about doing that... what about the donor DME Vin number or the key? I cannot retrieve the donor DME VIN and if I`ll go this route, the key will recognize the CAS is this holds a different ISN (ISN from the donor DME)

key will work even if you change CAS ISN but for doing the VIN of used DME to match with car you need Autohex just with hextag you cannot do that.
sixcode
2020-03-15T11:03:08Z
Originally Posted by: abc123 

Then, read files and ISN from replacement DME, write ISN to CAS (or the other way around). Correct VIN and hours in replacement DME. Write back. Program / code DME with any tool in the car.

Correct VIN and hours in replacement DME with what software?
abc123
  •  abc123
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2020-03-16T20:32:00Z
brain.exe, in file or post here