Burch Motor Works
2020-03-08T21:28:38Z
Hi, new to Autohex.
Going to try to program new blank key to f30, cas4+.
What is the procedure for this from start to finish? I see the videos for when all keys are lost. This does not show how to get cas epprom?
However I have original key and ignition will turn on ok. Does this make it easier to copy key?
What is the best procedure to program a new blank key?
Thanks
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2020-03-09T06:02:56Z
Originally Posted by: Burch Motor Works 

Hi, new to Autohex.
Going to try to program new blank key to f30, cas4+.
What is the procedure for this from start to finish? I see the videos for when all keys are lost. This does not show how to get cas epprom?
However I have original key and ignition will turn on ok. Does this make it easier to copy key?
What is the best procedure to program a new blank key?
Thanks

hi,
first of all F30 is FEM not CAS so the procedure depends on what car it is.if it is cas4+ you can unlock CAS OBD from cas firmware option.for fem you need to unlock it on bench using DME ISN if all key lost.
Burch Motor Works
2020-03-09T20:17:40Z
Yes sorry I meant FEM. I've seen the videos now, will retrieve ISN from fem first.
Thanks for your help.
Autohex_II_BMW
2020-03-10T06:00:13Z

Yes sorry I meant FEM. I've seen the videos now, will retrieve ISN from fem first.
Thanks for your help.

you need to retrieve from DME.
Burch Motor Works
2020-03-10T15:23:17Z
Trying to retrieve ISN from DME.
But coming up with DME version not supported, use Tricore ISN Boot mode.
So I guess I have to split dme on this to read the ISN?
Bit of a ballache, just for a key programming?
Thanks
Burch Motor Works
2020-03-10T15:24:19Z
Oh it's Bosch MEVD17.2.9
Thanks
Autohex_II_BMW
2020-03-11T05:59:31Z

Oh it's Bosch MEVD17.2.9
Thanks

you can read it in factory mode without opening the DME cover.please check the attached video.
Burch Motor Works
2020-03-14T10:44:24Z
Thanks for your help with this.
I managed to program key with the videos.
I can get the vehicle to recognise and start the key if you hold it to the column. But it will not pick key up in away from column and will not unlock/ lock remotely.
I have taught in the key using ISTA and it says its successful but still no remote? It recognises the signal and battery charge which is good. Strange one?
It is a Chinese copy key so I'm thinking that may be the problem? Correct frequency as I purchased same as original one.
Andrzej
2020-03-14T10:55:27Z
the problem with Chinese keys is quite common. it is better to buy the original locked key, renew it with a hextag,
Regards