abc123
  •  abc123
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2020-03-17T21:00:32Z
Hello, I tried HexProg for MSD80 cloning. I read the original DME in factory mode. Then write the replacement DME in factory mode as well. After writing, I try to read the now cloned replacement DME again to verify the clone but I'm getting 944- in factory mode and 9c8- in boot mode. Does anyone has any information on this?

Thanks.
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2020-03-18T06:25:05Z
Originally Posted by: abc123 

Hello, I tried HexProg for MSD80 cloning. I read the original DME in factory mode. Then write the replacement DME in factory mode as well. After writing, I try to read the now cloned replacement DME again to verify the clone but I'm getting 944- in factory mode and 9c8- in boot mode. Does anyone has any information on this?

Thanks.

this happened because you read and write files in factory mode,we are giving a warning in connection diagram itself don't do backup and restore or write file individually for ECU with CLONE button available.now for solving your ECU you need to restore original files of replacement DME in boot mode. then only it will communicate.i believe you have made backup from replacement DME before writing files to it.Once its done you can do cloning in factory mode itself.use the CLONE button after connecting original DME.for more details watch the video.
abc123
  •  abc123
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2020-03-18T15:40:58Z
OK, this is only for Siemens DMEs not Bosch?

So, the correct procedure in the FACTORY MODE, would be. 1. Do back up of the original with 'Backup" button (not individually). 2. Use "Clone" button for cloning.
Autohex_II_BMW
2020-03-19T05:36:13Z
Originally Posted by: abc123 

OK, this is only for Siemens DMEs not Bosch?

So, the correct procedure in the FACTORY MODE, would be. 1. Do back up of the original with 'Backup" button (not individually). 2. Use "Clone" button for cloning.

All ECU which has "CLONE" option on software mainly continental/Siemens you must use only that.we recommend you to make backup from donor ECU also before doing the CLONE.