wielandgeorg
2020-05-08T05:29:27Z
As promised I would keep everyone updated. I sent the DME's back to andy and he modified the area of one of the DMEs at memory offset 00001130 thru 00001150. I have pictures of the modification.

After they arrived back to me I install everything back in the car he marked the DME master and slave so I installed Master on the right side and turn on to verify there are indeed 0 immo faults. CAS has no errors, DME1 no error codes, DME2 no more errors EGS no errors.

However now the engine will only spin by starter but it will not run. After cranking for a while It kicked a couple times like it was trying to start but then goes back to just spinning but not starting up..

I coded DME's again in ISTA, I cleared all adaptations, I double checked all the wiring and connectors but no luck.

Before I removed the DME's to ship them the engine would start and run but of course only on bank one cyl1-6.

I feel like I am one step closer.

Any suggestions or help will be of course greatly appreciated! I must get this car running soon.

Thank you my friends, and Thank you GYR! Your suggestion resolved the error code.
gyr
  •  gyr
  • 56.4% (Neutral)
2020-05-08T15:13:00Z
OK that is fine to some level as expected the engine should be fired.to stay away from immobilization suspects,you should make sure that both DME are in ignition and injection release status.it can be done easily and in short time,for easy entry choose the first and seventh ignition coil.fault codes sometimes hardly to come out in spinning.
wielandgeorg
2020-05-16T00:38:02Z
Hey friends.

I was on a short work trip but will be home in a few hours

I will check for spark and fuel and report back

I need this car fixed. I cannot let it sit much longer I am needing someone help with it and I will pay.

Thank you
wielandgeorg
2020-05-21T16:44:24Z
Friends.. I finally moved the car to my work place and now I can work on it easily every day.

I put a fresh battery in the car. Tried to start but only engine spins no fire.

I checked for errors in CAS, DME1 and DME2.. No errors. not even pending errors...

I checked for spark and we have spark on both sides.

I connected fuel injector light to injector harness and we do NOT have pulse for injectors.. not on left or on right..

So is there a chance that something is still wrong in the DME's memory as far as programming or ISN?

I need help with it.
wielandgeorg
2020-06-05T03:51:25Z
Okay after weeks of working on it every day and trying everything one can imagine we finally found the problem..

CAS4 had problem in D_flash. I generated new d_flash entered vin and isn from the DME’s and programmed virgin key and boom start up and run all 12 cylinders.

So basically when I sent the dme to Andy to make final ISN mod repeated twice with 2 checksum like gyr said that was correct and when he sent them back they were indeed correct.

I don’t know what caused CAS4 to go from car starting to no longer starting after he changed ISN in DME’s but anyways that’s the problem area for me and now it runs. I even tried to program a virgin key to the original D_flash but still not run. Tomorrow will finish and reassemble everything.

Thanks again everybody. I hope this helps someone in future.
Noy
  •  Noy
  • 85.8% (Honored)
  • Advanced Member
2020-06-05T04:55:30Z
thank you for the feed back!
abc123
  •  abc123
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2020-06-06T04:39:32Z
Thanks for the update. CAS4 it is best to read multiple times and compare the files. Sometimes you read once and you think it is a good read but it is not. So, then you restore the CAS4 with these files and you think you got it right but you wrote no good files. Seems CAS is working OK but some function not working. Even few bytes will do it. That is why read couple of times and compare.