PDXAutoworks
2020-04-21T22:30:49Z
I have renewed keys and programmed them to different vehicles and have been getting complaints of the lock and unlock functions not working on the key FOB remote. I've tried soldering in a new battery (non comfort) with no change. Is there some sort of initialization procedure for the e90s that I am unaware of?
BMW File Service
VAG Immo Data Transfer
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

RocketSurgeon
2020-04-22T04:31:07Z
Check if key is outputting an RF signal on the correct frequency. I'm assuming these keys worked when programmed. I have seen a high failure rate on the OEM CAS3 keys. I usually transplant the PCF chip onto a fresh board and they work again.
Autohex_II_BMW
2020-04-22T06:29:02Z
Originally Posted by: PDXAutoworks 

I have renewed keys and programmed them to different vehicles and have been getting complaints of the lock and unlock functions not working on the key FOB remote. I've tried soldering in a new battery (non comfort) with no change. Is there some sort of initialization procedure for the e90s that I am unaware of?

you reset on correct option in hextag?is the key frequency and cas frequency same?
PDXAutoworks
2020-04-22T06:42:35Z
I will have to double check next time I program another key. Is there a recommendation on what key frequency reading to purchase or will any suffice as long as they will read 300 - 800?

I didnt know if there was some sort of sync procedure that needed to be done for the e90 series FOB?
BMW File Service
VAG Immo Data Transfer
Autohex_II_BMW
2020-04-22T11:08:02Z
Originally Posted by: PDXAutoworks 

I will have to double check next time I program another key. Is there a recommendation on what key frequency reading to purchase or will any suffice as long as they will read 300 - 800?

I didnt know if there was some sort of sync procedure that needed to be done for the e90 series FOB?

there is no sync procedure for E series.make sure your key frequency and frequency shown in key learning option is same.in E series it will allow key programming even the key frequency is different from CAS.so double check that.
Willisodhiambo
2020-04-23T11:08:21Z
Well, also be aware that sometimes refreshing keys kills the key fob. More so on F series keys. Frequency reader is a must.
PDXAutoworks
2020-04-23T13:10:50Z
Key frequency reading is ordered. Thank you everyone for all the replies.
BMW File Service
VAG Immo Data Transfer