quarrymot
2020-05-04T15:24:26Z
Hi everyone.

I have tried to remap an ECU... The ECU was read and the remap file was written successfully however the car now has a engine management problem and won't boost up on the turbos.

I have another ECU (same numbers and from the same vehicle):

Bosch: 0281 017 446
DDE: 8 512 291

I have Auto Hex II - Will I be able to clone the original ECU and put the information into the replacement? My replacement ECU is from another vehicle. If so could someone point me in the right direction of how to do it please?

Many thanks
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

matose
2020-05-04T15:37:39Z
Most likely is a tuning issue if the problem appeared after the tune was written. If you write with Hextag have in mind that you must correct the checksum manually BEFORE you write the file.
abc123
  •  abc123
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2020-05-05T03:45:34Z
Yep, have to correct CKS before writing back.
Autohex_II_BMW
2020-05-05T06:49:38Z
Originally Posted by: matose 

Most likely is a tuning issue if the problem appeared after the tune was written. If you write with Hextag have in mind that you must correct the checksum manually BEFORE you write the file.

for CLONE no need to do checksum.also can send us file fro checksum correction.
Autohex_II_BMW
2020-05-05T06:50:37Z
Originally Posted by: quarrymot 

Hi everyone.

I have tried to remap an ECU... The ECU was read and the remap file was written successfully however the car now has a engine management problem and won't boost up on the turbos.

I have another ECU (same numbers and from the same vehicle):

Bosch: 0281 017 446
DDE: 8 512 291

I have Auto Hex II - Will I be able to clone the original ECU and put the information into the replacement? My replacement ECU is from another vehicle. If so could someone point me in the right direction of how to do it please?

Many thanks

In autohex you can read isn from used dme and write to cas,but in that cas your CAS isn will change so the DME which you do tuning will not start the car.
quarrymot
2020-05-05T16:01:20Z
Thanks for your help. I have now applied the original file back to the ECU... However it still causing problems so I think something may have been damaged when opening up the ECU.

Could I now read the ISN from the original ECU and apply it to the second hand ECU from another vehicle? Should this then work the vehicle as it did before applying the tuning map?

Thanks again
Autohex_II_BMW
2020-05-06T06:44:18Z

Thanks for your help. I have now applied the original file back to the ECU... However it still causing problems so I think something may have been damaged when opening up the ECU.

Could I now read the ISN from the original ECU and apply it to the second hand ECU from another vehicle? Should this then work the vehicle as it did before applying the tuning map?

Thanks again

try to write to used dde but probably it will not be supported for writing so you need to read used dde isn and write to CAS.
quarrymot
2020-05-06T09:19:42Z
Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

Thanks again

try to write to used dde but probably it will not be supported for writing so you need to read used dde isn and write to CAS.

Thanks, i'll try this. Will the keys still work OK or would I need to reprogram them?

Thanks
Autohex_II_BMW
2020-05-06T11:28:19Z

Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

Thanks again

Thanks, i'll try this. Will the keys still work OK or would I need to reprogram them?

Thanks

key will work without any issue.do coding for dme after isn so it will adapt VIN from cas.