Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post
Offline Dlgdiagnostics  
#1 Posted : 09 November 2020 16:14:33(UTC)
Dlgdiagnostics

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello all I recently did a few msd80 and was able to manipulate the isn , it was smooth and easy my question is the following can we also manipulate msv80 isn to change it around becuase all I get is comunication error when trying to do so . Thanks all , I know th Esther procedure and I can do it . I was just trying to avoid replacing cas isn and changing out a key mainly becuase I’d like customer to remain with all functionality and the ability to still use dealer keys thank s any help or insight would be appreciated .
Sponsor
HexTag/HexProg tool is the ultimate tool for Ecu Cloning/Ecu Tuning including MDG1 Ecu Cloning/MDG1 Ecu Tuning, BDM Read/write, Key renew and EEPROM Reset

Click here on HexTag for more info about HexProg Software

Offline RocketSurgeon  
#2 Posted : 09 November 2020 18:20:46(UTC)
RocketSurgeon

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 29 post(s)
You can change MSV80 ISN, though you typically need to add a few components to the circuit board to allow communication. Although you can move the TJA1050, choke coil, and smd resistor and capacitor, I prefer to have spares on hand to simply add to the board.
Offline Autohex_II_BMW  
#3 Posted : 09 November 2020 21:52:43(UTC)
Autohex_II_BMW

Groups: Moderator
United Arab Emirates

Was thanked: 1302 time(s) in 688 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Dlgdiagnostics Go to Quoted Post
Hello all I recently did a few msd80 and was able to manipulate the isn , it was smooth and easy my question is the following can we also manipulate msv80 isn to change it around becuase all I get is comunication error when trying to do so . Thanks all , I know th Esther procedure and I can do it . I was just trying to avoid replacing cas isn and changing out a key mainly becuase I’d like customer to remain with all functionality and the ability to still use dealer keys thank s any help or insight would be appreciated .

For MSV80 you can just read ISN from donor ECU and write to CAS then do coding for DME to adapt VIN from cas. If you want to read ISN from it on bench you need to connect based on below connection and can read ISN from the attached option . MSX8X ISN option MSV80 is not supported.
HW4 CAS3.png (394kb) downloaded 13 time(s). HW4 MSV80.png (499kb) downloaded 15 time(s). On bench menu.png (60kb) downloaded 9 time(s).