Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post
Offline onestandard  
#1 Posted : 13 January 2021 10:51:47(UTC)
onestandard

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Greetings!

I am working on a 2015 428i that the customer lost his keys. This is the first time using Auto hacks for this sort of job. I followed the video on YouTube for fem all keys lost that includes unlocking the fem module and resetting mileage. The keys programmed into the fan module just fine, but when I went to start the vehicle, it is crank and no start with a DME DTC that the cast signal is implausible.

Are there other steps in the process that I missed? Do I have to read the ISN in Tricor mode now?

Thank you for your help.
Sponsor
HexTag/HexProg tool is the ultimate tool for Ecu Cloning/Ecu Tuning including MDG1 Ecu Cloning/MDG1 Ecu Tuning, BDM Read/write, Key renew and EEPROM Reset

Click here on HexTag for more info about HexProg Software

Offline CipiCip  
#2 Posted : 13 January 2021 12:56:27(UTC)
CipiCip

Groups: Registered
Romania

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 9 post(s)
You need to read isn from dme before starting making key in FEM...and if you use the option without key and isn...very bad...because you lost original isn in fem...and another thing...when have to make a key...dont reset mileage...is unusefull...
Now back to your problem...read isn from dme and using secret file generayed by autohex in unlock fem proces write the isn from dme in fem...and for more support contact microtronik in skype
thanks 1 user thanked CipiCip for this useful post.
Offline Autohex_II_BMW  
#3 Posted : 13 January 2021 21:48:12(UTC)
Autohex_II_BMW

Groups: Moderator
United Arab Emirates

Was thanked: 1354 time(s) in 720 post(s)
Originally Posted by: onestandard Go to Quoted Post
Greetings!

I am working on a 2015 428i that the customer lost his keys. This is the first time using Auto hacks for this sort of job. I followed the video on YouTube for fem all keys lost that includes unlocking the fem module and resetting mileage. The keys programmed into the fan module just fine, but when I went to start the vehicle, it is crank and no start with a DME DTC that the cast signal is implausible.

Are there other steps in the process that I missed? Do I have to read the ISN in Tricor mode now?

Thank you for your help.

For a working FEM from car and all key lost you always need to read DME ISN and unlock FEM/BDC else the original ISN stored in FEM and the original keys will be reseted if you use option 3. The video method is mainly used when replacing FEM with donor from scrap with no key and DME.
Now to solve this FEM you need to read DME ISN using factory mode on bench and write that to FEM from ISN manager option 4( this can be done OBD)
thanks 1 user thanked Autohex_II_BMW for this useful post.