pungo1212
2021-02-07T01:25:30Z
Hi: I am a new HEXTAG owner. I need to replace the CAS4 module on a f25 X3. Continental module 61359301522. Do I need to solder the wires? Can't I do it in car through OBDII?
I soldered all wires but I can't do it with black and white ones. I don't see solder there and it seems that it won't do it. I tried reading anyway but I won't unlock. Now I am messing with the one in car which is bad anyway because I don't won't to damage the one I buy. If I buy new can I code in car?
Thank you. Forgive me but I am new to this, although I am a BMW tech, I never tried to program this way. Is there a way I can connect to connector pins at least?
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

RocketSurgeon
2021-02-07T05:10:05Z
When I do CAS4 soldering, I gently scrape away the coating on the board above my solder points, put a small dot of flux on each point, and tin each point with leaded solder. That way I have a nice shiny solder dot to tack my wires to. The clock wires can be tricky, especially with the ceramic crystal. If you gently remove the coating and use some flux, you'll get those wires attached.
I strongly suggest cloning with hextag and NOT attempting any OBD process, much safer process.
Is there a hardware problem that justifies replacing the CAS4, or did somebody corrupt it trying to make a key? If data is damaged, it will take a little more work.
Autohex_II_BMW
2021-02-07T07:23:30Z
hextag dont have obd functions for now, for cas4 its better to transfer the whole data to donor cas onbench as you have hextag only. please check this video for more clarification. save both original and donor d flash and p flash and transfer original files to donor cas. if you have confusion with wires on cable please check the cable designation from right hand side top corner of the wiring diagram page. if you have any queries please contact us on live chat from our website.

pungo1212
2021-02-07T15:33:46Z
Originally Posted by: RocketSurgeon 

When I do CAS4 soldering, I gently scrape away the coating on the board above my solder points, put a small dot of flux on each point, and tin each point with leaded solder. That way I have a nice shiny solder dot to tack my wires to. The clock wires can be tricky, especially with the ceramic crystal. If you gently remove the coating and use some flux, you'll get those wires attached.
I strongly suggest cloning with hextag and NOT attempting any OBD process, much safer process.
Is there a hardware problem that justifies replacing the CAS4, or did somebody corrupt it trying to make a key? If data is damaged, it will take a little more work.

Thank you for your help. I will try that. CAS4 has faults for a terminal 15 not turning on and ignition comes on but car will not crank and after looking at faults it seems to be cas is not turning on terminal 15. I don't know if it is hardware of software but my 15 W_UP is dead so I have not communication with DME and EGS. When looking at CAS I have faults for that terminal missing.
pungo1212
2021-02-07T15:37:57Z
Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

hextag dont have obd functions for now, for cas4 its better to transfer the whole data to donor cas onbench as you have hextag only. please check this video for more clarification. save both original and donor d flash and p flash and transfer original files to donor cas. if you have confusion with wires on cable please check the cable designation from right hand side top corner of the wiring diagram page. if you have any queries please contact us on live chat from our website.

Thank you very much. I will try again and I will ask more questions if needed. I only bought HEXTAG with HEXPROG because I only need to program when doing side jobs. If I was doing this full time I certainly would have bought AutohexII.
Thanks again for responding.
pungo1212
2021-02-10T23:26:29Z
Ok, I got it saved now. Thank you. Now, should I just load these on the used junkyard part or do I need to format/ erase first?
Thank you so much for your help.
Autohex_II_BMW
2021-02-11T06:02:55Z
Originally Posted by: pungo1212 

Ok, I got it saved now. Thank you. Now, should I just load these on the used junkyard part or do I need to format/ erase first?
Thank you so much for your help.

please read donor cas and save those data , and write this d flash and p flash to donor cas. no need to erase or do other that write both original flashes on donor cas. then check on car as it will work direct. its plug and play.