eric713cruz
2021-07-14T00:16:37Z
Hi I would like to give a request for a feature for Hextag. Can you add the feature for splitting files separately when doing a backup of a ECU? That would be a good feature to have instead of having to do it all manually.
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2021-07-14T06:10:59Z
Originally Posted by: eric713cruz 

Hi I would like to give a request for a feature for Hextag. Can you add the feature for splitting files separately when doing a backup of a ECU? That would be a good feature to have instead of having to do it all manually.

hi,
sorry we don't have a option to splt the file on software, if you send us the backup file we can give you individual files for. will inform our development team also about your suggestion.
matose
2021-07-14T08:49:53Z
Splitting files is also a thing I suggested many times, would be great to be implemented. Also, I wish there is an option to bypass voltage check when writing via OBD...
Autohex_II_BMW
2021-07-14T09:21:59Z
Originally Posted by: matose 

Splitting files is also a thing I suggested many times, would be great to be implemented. Also, I wish there is an option to bypass voltage check when writing via OBD...

writing OBD without 13V is risky that's why we made restrictions.
matose
2021-07-15T14:29:01Z
It's frustrating if I have stable 12.7 - 12.9v and I cannot write 🙂 Other tools don't have this limitation, just a recommendation
eric713cruz
2021-07-15T22:05:23Z
Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

hi,
sorry we don't have a option to splt the file on software, if you send us the backup file we can give you individual files for. will inform our development team also about your suggestion.

Okay can you also suggest adding a estimated time/timer remaining when reading/writing ecu with obd?

Autohex_II_BMW
2021-07-17T07:32:42Z

hi,

Okay can you also suggest adding a estimated time/timer remaining when reading/writing ecu with obd?

we cannot add exact time because whole time depends on checksum correction and all. Checksum correction time depends on many factors like laptop, ECU,file etc.

sagishm
2021-08-02T14:30:05Z

It's frustrating if I have stable 12.7 - 12.9v and I cannot write 🙂 Other tools don't have this limitation, just a recommendation

i'm with him, all tools not have that limitation, please remove it and add a warning about that, or another option is to add an option to disable it in the settings.

Thanks
Autohex_II_BMW
2021-08-03T06:21:20Z
Originally Posted by: sagishm 

i'm with him, all tools not have that limitation, please remove it and add a warning about that, or another option is to add an option to disable it in the settings.

Thanks

power limitation is added for safety purposes , if any error file flashing OBD car will be stuck and will lead into too much troubles.
sagishm
2021-08-03T11:21:27Z

Originally Posted by: sagishm 

Thanks

power limitation is added for safety purposes , if any error file flashing OBD car will be stuck and will lead into too much troubles.

we know it, i suggested adding an option to toggle this feature.