Frequently Asked Questions
You may have questions while ordering or using Microtronik Products. Everything you’ll need to know is in our website. We’ve gathered the most frequently asked questions below. Click questions to explore.
- How to order Autohex II
QuestionI am interested in Autohex II and I would like to order it, what methods you may offer me?
You can go staright forward and order online from Autohex II Order Online
You can also contact us to forward you to nearst dealer in your area.
If you wish to pay offline (ike bank transferring) you can contact us
- Is there any annual fees?
Is there any annual fees for Autohex II BMW software?
For BMW software, the annual fees is as follow:
- AHX0001, AHX0002, AHX0003, AHX0103: USD 350.00
- AHX0004,AHX0005: USD 750.00
- Access to Online Programming functions
- Software Update
- Extended hardware warranty
- Extended Technical support
- What methods you offer for technical support?
QuestionIf I order Autohex II I will need some help from you, how I may get this support?
You can contact us by email, phone call, or live chat from our website.
We respond in different ways:
- Answering your question by email or by phone call
- We may request from you a teamviewer access to your laptop or computer to help you further
- What functions in Autohex II BMW software?
QuestionI want to know what special functions available in BMW software, and is there different packages
Autohex II BMW Software comes only in one package, the fully equiped package.
This Package includes:
- Online programming and modules updates
- Modules coding
- Manual (Advanced) coding
- DME amd DDE ISN Reading (And Writng to some modules)
- CAS ISN Reading and Writing
- EGS ISN Reading
- Key programming
- How long time it takes to get Autohex II?
QuestionIf I order today, for how long time I have to wait to get Autohex II in hand?
This depends on your payment methods.
If you order today by PayPal and your payment has been verified by them, we can ship by today or tomorrow morning.
If you prefer to pay using wiring transfer, we have to wait until your payment arrive to our account (it takes 1 to 3 working days)
We use Express forwarders, so you will get your order after 2-4 days after your payment arrives.
- When I get Autohex II, is it ready to be used?
QuestionI got my order today, how to start using Autohex II?
First thing to do is downloading proper installation program (depends on your OS) from Autohex II downloads
after you finish installation, connect WVCI (Autohex II OBD II Connector) to USB, then start the program, on top menu, just click on Update.
After you finish updating, you are ready to use your Autohex II.
- Can I order Htag Pro later
QuestionI am planning to order only BMW Package along with WVCI, can I buy the key programmer HTAG Pro later?
HTag Pro is just an option of Autohex II BMW Software.
You can use Autohex II for all functions except some parts of key learning.
- Does Htag Pro support Kia and Hyundai software?
QuestionI am planning to order Kia and Hyundai software, I will not order BMW Package, do I need HTag Pro?
HTag Pro is a hardware part that supports some functions in BMW package, you don't need it if you will use only Kia and Hyundai.
Kia and Hyundai key learning will work without any need to a key programmer hardware.
- What is the difference between Hexprog and Hextag?
QuestionI want to order Hexprog or Hextag, I see both have same functions, can you tell the exact difference between them?
Hexprog and Hextag tools support the exact functions. However, the Hexprog is a way advanced in hardware structure. It has a fast CPU, big memory and more circuit protections.
This will result a higher performance in jobs processing and more durable tool.
More details about the technical differences you can read from here: Hexprog Ecu Programming
- Can I use Ecu Cloning/Tuning for free in Hexprog or Hextag tool?
QuestionI want to use Ecu cloning function in Hextag/Hexprog. Is it free of charges?
Hexprog and Hextag have many functions, most of them are free of charges and lifetime free. Like BDM function, Key renewal function, EEPROM read/write function...etc.
We offer for the Ecu cloning function 30 days free. After this period You can activate the license by two options:
- Purchase the Tuning/Cloning License: USD 1500.00 for license (one time payment) and yearly subscription is USD 350.00
- Lease the License for 48 hours: Hexprog users can activate a fully functioning license for 48 hours from their account in www.hexprog.com
- Can I use Hexprog or Hextag as a stand alone tool?
QuestionI am planing to order either Hexprog or Hextag tool to use it for Ecu cloning and BDM functions. Can I use it without buying Autohex II?
Both Hexprog and Hextag are stand alone tools. You can use without the need of Autohex II Tool.
The only function in Hextag which cannot be used as a stand alone is the BMW Key Programming function. This function needs Autohex II Tool and software.
- Where to download and how to register
QuestionWhere are the installation files of hextag, and how to register my Hextag tool?
The software name is HexProg, you can download it from: Download Hextag
To reguister your tool you need to register in HexProg website, then while you are updating your Hextag first time, you will be asked for the login information of Hexprog website.
- Supported List of Ecu Cloning/Tuning
QuestionWhere I can get the supported Ecu list?
The supported List can be found here: Hexprog Supported List
- Does Autohex II Comply with Passthru?
QuestionI hear that Passthru (J2534-1) can be used to run software for dealers on a hardware works as Passthru, Does Aurohex II comply with this standard?
Autohex II is following the standard of SAE J2534-1 as well as J2534-2.
This is a very important feature if you wish to use any diagnose software comply with this standards.
- Can I run Autohex II software by another Passthu device?
QuestionIf Autohex II hardware supports Passthru, can I use a different Passthru device and start using Autohex II software?
Autohex II software is not following SAE J2534 (Passthru) due to program internal security,the commuincation protocol between Autohex II software and WVCI is different.
The Passthru library driver is a part of Autohex II software, it was designed only to serve the other programs that comply with this standard. It won't be used by our software.